Jesus

 


I have been rewatching the show, The Chosen, it is about Jesus Christ, his time on the earth, and specific stories about those He asked to follow him. His disciples.

Each story, though different, holds some sort of relation to each of our stories. Sometimes we feel abandoned, stuck, struggling, in pain, in fear, etc. This show shows such raw emotion of each individual account that was touched by Jesus through the miracle or healing He provided.

But because we are human, a lot of these people after Jesus performed the miracle or healed them, asked why me? Why did you choose me?

And I think sometimes we ask that. Why me? Why us? Why forgive me, I’m a sinner. Why allow me to have all these chances when I am bound to make another mistake?

And the reason is Jesus. The reason is His mission. He came to save, heal, perform the unimaginable, and made it possible for us to return from where we came. Heaven.

We are known and loved. We are chosen with purpose. His arms are stretched out, all the time. He never leaves us.

Like the woman at the well (in The Chosen), who ran rejoicing after the Savior forgave her for her transgressions, yelled, “I am going to tell everyone (about Jesus).” His power is real.

Comments

Popular Posts